[Box Backup] Ubuntu Desktop or Server

E.W. Peter Jalajas boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 15:35:04 BST 2006

Funny, I was going to vote for installing the desktop first and then
adding needed server packages, but it really depends upon your needs
and hardware.

I've installed ubuntu as a server twice, and both times I regretted it
because I later realized that I wanted to be able to use the machine as
an extra desktop for visiting folks or whatever.

I guess I'm guessing that installing a few server packages is easier
than installing (fully and correctly) a desktop environment.

Pete