[Box Backup] Full server store not deleting old and deleted files (boxwin0.09)

E.W. Peter Jalajas boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Mar 1 04:18:09 GMT 2006

Hi All,

Below is an email that a script on my server store sends me every 2
hours.  (I haven't used NotifyScript yet because implementing that on
Windows is a research project for another day--suggestions welcome.)
Anyway, I finally (Tuesday evening) stopped rationalizing away the 0
file changes (last line below) as being weekend-related, and used
Terminal Services to log into the client.  The Event Logs Error
messages say the store was full since Friday evening.  Ugh.  And every
hour or so since then.  (This is not the tax guys with the client hard
drive crash last week.)  These guys do have a huge 170MB QuickBooks
file, with QB autobackups thereof that should be trying to get onto my
server store.

This is boxwin0.09 client and 0.09 server on ubuntu hoary across town.

So, why haven't the old and deleted files been deleted?  And what
should I do to fix it?

I plan to just give him some more space, but I want to figure out this
problem first.  (He's doing tape now as well, off of which I am trying
to wean him...)

I'll put in a feature request for some kind of "bbstoreaccounts check"
or "bbstoreaccounts info" or /var/log/box or /var/log/messages
indication that the client-server system is no longer uploading changes
to files, ala the client-side event log:
"Exceeded storage limits on server -- not uploading changes to files."
Trivial, I would think.  (And to also elevate that client-side Windows
Event Viewer message from an Information type to a Warning or Error
type.)  (There may be situations, besides my ignorance and laziness,
where we can't use client-side email out.  And I don't want the
non-techie client folks to have to deal with some error message about
that backup service that they long ago had forgotten about. :^) When I
see they're (near) full, I'll contact them with suggestions.)

Thanks!
Pete
================

Report Timestamp:  Tue Feb 28 22:17:07 EST 2006.

Your Account Number, Account Name, Storage Quota, Email Address(es):
00000014	ClientNameHere	2500M   x at y.com,z at y.com

Store account checked, no errors found.

                  Account ID: 00000014
              Last object ID: 22097
                 Blocks used: 663024 (2589.94Mb)
    Blocks used by old files: 16068 (62.77Mb)
Blocks used by deleted files: 96893 (378.49Mb)
  Blocks used by directories: 1965 (7.68Mb)
            Block soft limit: 640000 (2500.00Mb)
            Block hard limit: 704000 (2750.00Mb)
         Client store marker: 1141060420000000

Total size of your files safely backed up with Tebuco: 2.7G

Total number of your files safely backed up with Tebuco: 22186

Number of your files changed in our storage during the following time
periods:
0-2h	2-4h	4-8h	8-12hr	0.5-1d	1-2d	2-4d	4-8d	8+days
3	0	0	0	0	8	0	325	21850

(Please note that the numbers above include a few backup system
overhead files.  Please also note that a delay of up to a few hours
exists between the time you edit a file and the time that change is
reflected in the numbers above.)