[Box Backup] Boxbackup deleted directories

Peter boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Mar 8 10:24:00 GMT 2006

I'm running boxbackup from one clients server to another server housed
in an offsite data centre.

Now, a while back the drive containing /home started acting funny with
read-errors on certain sectors.

So I took it offline to run do some checking, and ordered a raid-card
and some new drives to replace it.

I didn't kill bbackupd before I unmounted the drive however (but a short
time later), and when I now run bbackupquery it only lists one directory
in /home. The other dirs are listed as deleted.

Now, when (and if) I manage to get most of the data off the semi-broken
disk and onto the new raid-array, will bbackupd have to re-transfer
everything?

Or will box backup understand that it already have these files and
there's no need to transfer them again, just mark them as present and
not deleted?

Alternatively, is there anyway I can tell box backup to make the deleted
directories be listed as present in the store again?

Thanks for your input,
Peter