[Box Backup] Exception (1/9)

Per Thomsen boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Mar 13 01:50:27 GMT 2006

On 3/12/06 3:41 PM, Mario S. Mommer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My backup daemon stopped transfering data to the server. In the logs I
> find
>
> Mar 13 00:34:19 localhost bbackupd[7793]: Exception caught (1/9), reset
> state and waiting to retry...
> Mar 13 00:35:47 localhost bbackupd[7793]: File statistics: total file size
> uploaded 0, bytes already on server 0, encoded size 0
>
> Any ideas what might be wrong? Login is reported as being successful...
>
>From ExceptionCodes.txt (in the build directory):
(1/9) - Common OSFileError - Error accessing a file. Check permissions.

So, it could be a config file has had permissions changed in a way that
bbackupd can't access it.

Is 'ExtendedLogging' set to true in bbackupd.conf? If not, change it,
and you should get more details.

If that still doesn't give you enough information, you can build the
debug version (cd <build-dir>/bin/bbackupd; make), and install the
resulting bbackupd. Your logs should now tell you exactly where you're
getting your permission problem.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen at reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561