[Box Backup] Could do with some advice on getting Boxbackup compiled ....

Martin Ebourne boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Mar 16 01:09:20 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 14:32 +0000, dave_d at boltblue.com wrote:
> Ooops - apologies - I thought I had attached it.
> See if this one works.

You need to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to contain /opt/openssl-0.9.8a/lib.

The problem is that libssl.so is found by the linker because the path is
specified, but not by executables that autoconf builds and runs, because
it is not on the library path. I'm not sure what the best solution is
here. We could build the path in with rpath, which is probably a good
idea, but then that can cause problems itself, and I don't think most
programs do this (probably they should though).

Or if we don't want to use rpath then we can make it a requirement that
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set correctly, after all without rpath it has to be
set to run the resulting executables anyway.

Cheers,

Martin.