[Box Backup] Raid Config

Steve Nelson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Mar 16 11:24:00 GMT 2006

Hi All,

Just a quick clarification.  The raid config documentation states:

"The three directories are the locations of the roots of the raid file
directories. These are probably the mount points of three big
partitions on three separate physical discs."

My raid directory is a software raid 1 -  /data under linux mounted as /dev=
/md0

I don't believe I can address the physical disks - only the metadevice.

I am thinking that just a single entry for /data should be fine, as
the RAID is done at the software level, and is transparent to
boxbackup?

What is actually meant here by the three directories, partitions and
discs?  Perhaps a diagram would be handy?

I'm more than happy to write this up in more detail, perhaps allowing
for sds under solaris, software raid under linux, and vinum under
*bsd.

Thanks,

S.