[Box Backup] BoxBackup Win32 Client How-To?

Per Thomsen boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 04:32:47 GMT 2006

On 3/16/06 7:16 PM, W. Chris Shank wrote:
> Do I need Cygwin for the Win32 client? I've gotten my hands on a binary, but it won't run because of the SSL library. the bbackupd-config command fails, I guess because it's a shell script and windows doesn't have a shell.
>
> I'm very frustrated because this easily installs on all my Linux servers and Windows is such a PITA. It's been years since I had to work with Windows in any significant way - so i'm starting to get over my head.
>
> I appreciate any help for Windows dummies like me.

The Wiki has a page for building with VC++ here:
http://boxbackup.hostworks.ca/index.php/Compile_With_Visual_C

I seem to remember that Chris had a pre-built set of executables to
download somewhere, but I can't find it on the mailing list. Anyone?

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen at reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561