Port tarball updated (Re: [Box Backup] Call for testers: FreeBSD port)

Martin Ebourne boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 13:41:38 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 22:28 -0800, Per Thomsen wrote:
> I tested this on FreeBSD 6.0, and I could not get it to compile. Here's
> the error:
>
> configure: WARNING: do not distribute binaries compiled against GNU
> readline,
> as this could violate the GNU readline licence, which is GPL. You may use
> libedit or libeditline instead.
> ===>  Building for boxbackup-0.10
> make: cannot open Makefile.
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/home/pthomsen/box/boxbackup.
>
> I have attached the (gzipped) output of make. I'm sorry to say that I
> did not spend a lot of time investigating, so if you need me to do
> something, or look something up, please let me know.

Failure is:
  configure: creating ./config.status
  config.status: creating infrastructure/BoxPlatform.pm
  config.status: creating lib/common/BoxConfig.h

  Can't open perl script "./infrastructure/makebuildenv.pl": No such
  file or directory

Applied the perl prefix patch and not run ./bootstrap maybe?

Cheers,

Martin.