Port tarball updated (Re: [Box Backup] Call for testers: FreeBSD port)

James O'Gorman boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sun Mar 19 12:27:15 GMT 2006

On 19/3/06 11:22, James O'Gorman wrote:
> Hmm, strange, it works on my FreeBSD 6.0 build. But then, I'm not using
> the WITH_GNUREADLINE knob, so I've not fully tested that.

I just tried this on FreeBSD 5.4 and 6.0 and it seems to work fine, with
or without GNUREADLINE enabled.

Martin said:
> Failure is:
>   configure: creating ./config.status
>   config.status: creating infrastructure/BoxPlatform.pm
>   config.status: creating lib/common/BoxConfig.h
>
>   Can't open perl script "./infrastructure/makebuildenv.pl": No such
>   file or directory
>
> Applied the perl prefix patch and not run ./bootstrap maybe?

./bootstrap doesn't actually need to be run with the port, because the
ports infrastructure handles autoconf et al. natively:

USE_AUTOTOOLS=  autoconf:259 aclocal:19 autoheader:259
ACLOCAL_ARGS+=  -I ${WRKSRC}/infrastructure/m4

So every time make clean && make is run from the port directory, it will
do it all for you.

I'll be uploading a new tarball of the port sometime today, too, to cut
down from the 29 patchfiles to just a few. The rest will be done by sed
replacements in the port's Makefile (where ${REINPLACE_CMD} is set to
/usr/bin/sed -i.bak in bsd.port.mk):

post-patch:
         @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's,%%PREFIX%%,${PREFIX},'
${WRKSRC}/lib/common/BoxPortsAndFiles.h
         @${FIND} ${WRKSRC} -name "*.pl" -exec \
                 ${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's,/usr/bin/perl,${PERL},g' {} \;
         @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's,/usr/bin/perl,${PERL},g' \
                 ${WRKSRC}/bin/bbackupd/bbackupd-config \
                 ${WRKSRC}/bin/bbstored/bbstored-certs \
                 ${WRKSRC}/bin/bbstored/bbstored-config \
                 ${WRKSRC}/lib/raidfile/raidfile-config
         @${FIND} ${WRKSRC} -name "Makefile.extra" -exec \
                 ${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's,perl,${PERL},g' {} \;
         @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's,perl ,${PERL} ,g' \
                 ${WRKSRC}/test/bbackupd/testfiles/bbackupd.conf \
                 ${WRKSRC}/infrastructure/makebuildenv.pl