[Box Backup] Boxbackup deleted directories

Jamie Neil boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 20:43:18 BST 2006

Peter wrote:
> After some searching I found one directory where
> 'ls -1 | wc -l' = 8178, all of them regular files.
> It takes up only 35mb of diskspace though.
>
> Is this likely to cause a problem?
>
> bbackupd consumes about 99% of the cpu, so it's busy doing something.

I've run into this problem, but on a much bigger scale (150,000 files in
one directory). I gave up on the backup after 3 days at 100% CPU
utilisation and just deleted most of the files (they weren't important).

See this thread:
http://lists.warhead.org.uk/pipermail/boxbackup/2006-February/002154.html

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454