[Box Backup] 0.10 on Windows?

Per Thomsen boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 03:44:47 BST 2006

On 3/30/06 5:55 PM, W. Chris Shank wrote:
> Anyone have any luck getting boxbackup to run as a service on Windows? If you get Resource Kit from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q137890/ you can use this command to install the service:
> C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>instsrv bbackup "C:\Program Files\Box Backup\bbackupd.exe"
>
> When I try to start the service it does start to run (I can see the login on the box server) - but the service starter eventually stops because it didn't respond in time.
>
> Any clues?

According to the Wiki, use the '-i' option with bbackupd.exe should
start (aka install) it as a service

http://boxbackup.hostworks.ca/index.php/Compile_With_Visual_C

HTH,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen at reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561