[Box Backup] config question

Wendell MacKenzie boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon May 1 22:45:09 BST 2006

Hi:

   Managed to straighten out my key issue from previous posting.  Now
the bbstored daemon and the bbackupd client are running and
talking together harmoniously.  I've setup my config in a snapshot
fashion to enable "on-demand" backup of my filesystems.

   When I instruct the backup to begin, the bbackupd daemon is logging a
shedload of messages into /var/log/message about files
and directories that are being backed up (presumably)....

   question is: where to?  My /etc/box/bbackup.conf has the parm:

DataDirectory = /mnt/backup/wendell

   specified.  Does this not mean to backup the files/directories to
this as a target directory?  If so, why am I not seeing the target
structure being assembled.  I let it run for 15 mins or so...

   Am I missing something basic here?

thx.
Wendell