[Box Backup] How to fix compare errors??? normal?

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu May 4 23:27:10 BST 2006

Hi Magnus,

On Thu, 4 May 2006, Magnus Homann wrote:

> Stefan Norlin wrote:
>> Just had a look in the source... it would seem it is a "cosmetic bug"
>> in BackupQueries.cpp.

You're absolutely right, thanks for finding it for me.

> As I thought, but I was a bit surprised Chris hadn't noticed previously.

I did have a look at the code when you reported the problem, suspecting a
bug of this kind, but I didn't see the bug because the variable in
question is redefined in that scope, with a different meaning. This is bad
practice, and probably my fault, from when I was fixing the character
encodings on Windows.

I've checked in a fix into the SVN trunk. Please could you check it out
and see if it fixes the problem with the wrong path being reported? It
does not actually fix the underlying problem of store corruption that
you've been seeing.