[Box Backup] Re: Errors on backup - Client: 7/33, Server: 7/34 - OS X 10.4 - BB 0.10

Per Thomsen boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon May 22 18:33:14 BST 2006

On 5/22/06 3:15 AM, Tobias Balle-Petersen wrote:
> Hello...
>
> Thank you for helping out.
>
> Chris:
> Thank you for pointing out the KeepAliveTime parameter which I did not
> know about.
>
> As you suggested, I have added this line to my bbackupd.conf file:
> KeepAliveTime = 30
>
> I will post the results to the list.
>
> Per:
>> What quality is the connection to the datacenter?
>> Could there be short outages?
>
> Hmmm.... I dont really know what to answer here, I guess anything is
> possible.
Yeah, that was a bit of a vague question... Maybe you can do a long
running ping-test, to ensure that you don't have any packet loss.

>From the client machine:

ping -n -c 1000 -i 1 <server>

If you have no packet loss, chances are that the link is OK, and
probably isn't an issue.

>> If this happens even semi-reliably, can you put a debug build of the
>> client (and, if possible, the server) in, to get more details on what's
>> going on?
>
> Yes, I KeepAliveTime does not solve my problem I will do as suggest.
OK. Will wait for the logs.

>> Is it always the same file that's causing the problem?
>
> No, but i do have rather big files here 300MB+
OK. Anything over 2G? Just wondering about the large-file support.

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen at reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561