[Box Backup] multiple Names for bbstore

Ben Summers boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Nov 8 16:55:42 GMT 2006

On 8 Nov 2006, at 16:52, Andreas Schrafl wrote:

> I have a server running in two networks.
>
> I make backups over both networks and since I'd like to use the
> most effective way I wanted to try to contact bbstore on both
> names. So same machine, different networkcards, different networks,
> different names, same bbstore.
>
> Is this possible?

Yes. Use ListenAddresses = inet:0.0.0.0 to listen on all interfaces,
arrange for bbstored to connect to any of them. The name in the
certificate is not checked, just that it's signed by the Server CA.

> Second since when I switch one to the internal network I'll get
> trouble when taking notebook within both networks. Is it for
> bbackup possible to look for a running server?

Look into using SyncAllowScript in bbstored.conf. Write a script to
determine whether the store is reachable.