[Box Backup] multiple servers from windows

Stuart Sanders boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 03:27:00 GMT 2006

I have something like this working using 2 DNS servers for my email system.

I use an external host to maintain the majority of the DNS records for my d=
omain.  It points to the fixed ip address at my office using the name north=
point.bitshk.com.

Inside the office network I use an internal DNS server that forwards all DN=
S requests except for my domain to my ISP (not the same as the domain host)=
.  So internally the DNS looks like northpoint.bitshk.com - 192.168.10.10.

Since I am in and out of the office a lot, sometimes working from home or m=
aybe at client sites for multiple days or even in and out several times dur=
ing the day, this keeps the transition for IMAP email and server management=
 simple as I don't need to change any settings regardless of where I might =
be.

Stuart