[Box Backup] Wiki spambots

Ben Summers boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Nov 22 09:07:06 GMT 2006

I think moving the wiki content to Trac sounds like a good plan.
We'll get some useful extra features, and have one less thing to
defend. Thanks for volunteering to do the hard work.

The content on the wiki is a bit trashed. We did turn off the ability
for anonymous users to edit pages, so the bots just register
accounts. Annoyingly, they remove content as well as appending stuff,
so you have to go quite a way back in the history to reconstruct a
good copy.

My thanks to Stephen Mosher and Hostworks for the current wiki.

Ben

PS: There's no need to get my approval for everything. We have a
strong community of sensible people, and I can't imagine why I would
disagree with any consensus.