[Box Backup] Generating private key, certificate request on Windows, bbackupd-config

E.W. Peter Jalajas boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sun Oct 1 19:41:44 BST 2006

Hi Chris,

Great work, thanks.  I'm testing it now and am having trouble getting
it going.

I copied all the files from the boxi zip into C:\Program Files\Box
Backup\
I created a bbackupd subdir there.
I copied my certs/keys/conf file into C:\Program Files\Box Backup\ .
My key/cert files are of the name form:
C:\Program Files\Box Backup\10002037-FileEncKeys.raw
I launched boxi.exe.
Under Configuration/Basic, I get the error msg:
"The certificate doesn't match the account number.  The common name  of
the certificate should be 'BACKUP-268443703', but is actually
'BACKUP-1002037'.

FEATURE REQUEST:  I wish I could swipe and copy the error message (or
that it had a unique short number).

I ran the backup anyway, and it said it completed succesfully (Summary:
Backup finished.  Current action:  Idle (Nothing to do).  Errors:
Backup finished (and a note about my old redundant backup locations).
Under Statistics (cool feature!), Files Total 0, Bytes 0 (Null).
BackupLocations:
BackupLocations
{
	DocsSettings
	{
		Path = C:\Documents and Settings
		ExcludeDirsRegex = .*
		ExcludeFilesRegex = .*
		AlwaysIncludeFile = boxitest.txt
	}
}

Other test settings:UpdateStoreInterval = 3
MinimumFileAge = 4
MaxUploadWait = 24
FileTrackingSizeThreshold = 1024
DiffingUploadSizeThreshold = 1024
MaximumDiffingTime = 8

Let me know if there's anything I can do to get through this block, and
after that, what parts you'd like me to exercise.

Thanks again, Chris,
Pete