[Box Backup] Verify/restore very large file (>4GB)

Alex Harper boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 17:24:07 BST 2006

Hi Ben,

> Sorry for the problems, it's most likely this
>
>    http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/trac/ticket/2
>
> but I haven't yet gotten around to fixing it. An insistence on tests
> for problems as well as a fix can slow things down, but you could
> just try the one line fix and see if it makes a different.

I've done the fix (using pos_type everywhere but the Read() method), but no
luck. Same symptoms when I download the file. Just to be sure I deleted and
recreated my bbstored account and started everything (including a rebuilt
bbstored) from scratch.

As an additional data point, before I recreated everything to test the fix,
I started seeing another error. The large file had been modified and
bbackupd was now reporting:

Backup object failed, error when reading [large file path here]
Error code when uploading was (4/11), BackupStore BadBackupStoreFile

Any further suggestions of where I might look? I appreciate the help,

Alex

Alex Harper                                     aharper at foobox.net
"Use whatever you think of first" -- Larry Wall