[Box Backup] Restore Symlinks

Andreas Schrafl boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 15:04:29 GMT 2006

I'm very glad I used BoxBackup. Saved all my data after a raid crashed
and the restore shreddered the data that was left.

Now I encountered some problem while restoring concerning symlinks.

Simply it didn't restore them. I had several symlinks like form one
directory to an other (same mountpoint). These symlink just would not be
restored.

One symlink even crashed the bbackupquery session repeatedly and so I
had to restore everything surrounding this directory separately.
I tried to fix it on the server (checking the account and fixing it) but
there were no errors so nothing to fix.

I extracted this directory to a windows machinne and there it just
skipped these files.

Perhaps this got fixed lately (still using 0.09 but I could not find
anything on this topic).

Thanks for the nice backuptool it really is simple an useful.
Andy

PS: are there any special things to look out for when updating a server
from 0.09 to 0.10?