[Box Backup] Testing boxbackup after compiling - What to do about errors?

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Sep 1 13:51:15 BST 2006

Hi Tobias,

> This is what I get if I run the tests from a non root account:
> common: make failed
> crypto: make failed
> compress: make failed
> basicserver: make failed
> raidfile: make failed
> backupstore: make failed
> backupstorefix: make failed
> backupstorepatch: make failed
> backupdiff: make failed
> bbackupd: make failed

Probably, root has created all the files and they are not writable by a
normal user, so make cannot rebuild anything. You could try a make clean
first, or extract a second copy of the source.

> What do I need to do to pass the two failing tests?

I'm afraid you will have to provide much more details, such as the context
surrounding the "FAILURE:" lines in the test output, before we can help
you here.