[Box Backup] Testing boxbackup after compiling - What to do about errors?

Tobias Balle-Petersen boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Sep 1 14:43:00 BST 2006

Hello Chris...

Sorry for the incomplete mail earlier.

I have made a non-root user owner af all the boxbackup files. All the
tests except one passes:
PASSED
--------
common: PASSED
crypto: PASSED
compress: TEST: test/compress
basicserver: Copying new test files...
raidfile: PASSED
backupstore: PASSED
backupstorefix: PASSED
backupstorepatch: PASSED
backupdiff: FAILED: 1 tests failed
bbackupd: PASSED

I then run ./runtest.pl backupdiff and save the log. These are the errors:
Diff block size 62: 0 (count = 0)
Diff block size 63: 0 (count = 0)
Diff: list of found blocks
======== ======== ======== ========
  Offset   BlkIdx     Size Movement
======== ======== ======== ========
Diff: Default recipe generated, 0 bytes of file
Reading index from 'testfiles/f9.diff', has 0 blocks
======== ===== ========== ======== ========
   Index Where  EncSz/Idx     Size  WChcksm
======== ===== ========== ======== ========
Reading index from 'testfiles/f9.zerotest', has 0 blocks
======== ===== ========== ======== ========
   Index Where  EncSz/Idx     Size  WChcksm
======== ===== ========== ======== ========
Reading index from 'testfiles/f2.symlink.diff', has 0 blocks
======== ===== ========== ======== ========
   Index Where  EncSz/Idx     Size  WChcksm
======== ===== ========== ======== ========
Obtained 6 stack frames.
./test [0x1003bc40]
./test [0x10017904]
./test [0x10017364]
./test [0x100062d0]
./test [0x10006cb4]
/lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0x170) [0xfa55220]
Exception thrown: BackupStoreException(CannotDiffAnIncompleteStoreFile)
at BackupStoreFileDiff.cpp(350)
Diff block size 0: 8192 (count = 2560)
Diff block size 1: 0 (count = 0)
Diff block size 2: 0 (count = 0)
Diff block size 3: 0 (count = 0)
Diff block size 4: 0 (count = 0)
       0     2559        1
       0     2559        1
       0     2559        1
FAILURE: Condition [time(0) < (beginTime + 40)] failed at
testbackupdiff.cpp(544)
FAILED: 1 tests failed
--------
backupdiff: FAILED: 1 tests failed