[Box Backup] Server Storage Compressed or Not

Jamuel P. Starkey boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Sep 29 18:18:22 BST 2006

I think I recall reading that during the transmission process from the backup client to the server store the process was to compress and then
encrypt the data.  Is that the correct order of operation?  I'd imageine that to be the case so that when the data is actually written to the server
store array does it continue to be compressed.  Therefore I wouldn't think that there would be any way of determining from the server side the
actual uncompressed size of the data--or is that too much information that the server "shouldn't" be able to glean unless it had the clients FE key.
 Finally can anyone describe the compression method used on the data?

TIA

JPS