[Box Backup] bbackupd - read errors on database files

Bernd Zimmermann boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Apr 6 19:18:48 BST 2007

--------------060806010901070808070109

Hi all,

I am running box backup 0.10 (most recent download) on CentOS 4.4

After the first sync my SubVersion repository was backed up fine.
The svn/db/strings file is large - about 2.6 GB.
Then, after some changes to the SVN repository caused by commits,
following syncs report this error:

Apr  6 10:11:44 codd bbackupd[16595]: Backup object failed, error when reading
//var/www/svn/db/strings
Apr  6 10:11:44 codd bbackupd[16595]: Error code when uploading was (4/11),
BackupStore BadBackupStoreFile

The config I am using has been generated with the 'snapshot' option
and was not modified except for the location specification.

Does this mean box backup is not designed to manage backups of data
stores for applications like SubVersion? Is a special configuration
neccessary for this use case?

Thanks
Bernd

--------------060806010901070808070109

begin:vcard
fn:Bernd Zimmermann
n:Zimmermann;Bernd
org:it-consulting
adr:;;Alter Postweg 104 D;Seevetal - Horst;Lower Saxony;21220;Germany
email;internet:bernd at zedv.de
title:senior consultant
tel;work:+49 (4105) 668 033
tel;fax:+49 (12120) 274 964