[Box Backup] lcd with bbackupquery on win32 (chris' binaries)

Stefan Tauner boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 00:38:27 BST 2007

hi chris

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 17:40:34 +0100 (BST), you wrote:
>Does your location directory end with a backslash in the configuration=20
>file? It shouldn't. Will check this as well.
in both zip files the sample config file has a \ at the end of the
path so i didnt dare to change this :)
i removed the backslash and the quick compare works now.

>Have you looked at Boxi? Also, we are not paid to do this, we are all=20
>volunteers, have you considered volunteering to help?
i havent looked into it yet because the last release was 2005, but i
just realized who made it, so i guess its not dead ;)

>I fixed the installation instructions (although actually 784 is the =
latest=20
>stable release, the two since are a bit more experimental). If you want =
to=20
>help us to improve the wiki, specific issues like this are much more=20
>useful than "the wiki is a mess".

ic
yes i thought about contributing, and i probably will, although my
english skills arent as good as id like them to be :)
i cant say exactly whats the problem, i just havent found it to be
very helpful when i was looking for advice. i think the problem is,
that it has too much noise (think about the stuff from the old wiki).
for example
http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/trac/wiki/GeneralInstall
and
http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/trac/wiki/CompilationOnDebian
are almost equivalent but both lack some of the details of the other,
so you have to read both to get all information.
ill probably merge them and add my input in the next days (if thats
ok?)

id maybe interested in contributing code also, although c++ is new to
me. there are so many small thinks, that could be improved even by my
imo :)
do you guys have an irc channel somewhere?
--=20
mfG, Stefan Tauner