[Box Backup] Exception: Cipher EVPFinalFailure (5/6)

Marco Bartholomew boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 15:09:26 BST 2007

Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>

> What version of OpenSSL are you using? It seems there may be a bug
> with 0.9.8d:
>
>   http://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-dev@openssl.org/msg22413.html
>

> In which case, you might like to downgrade to 0.9.8 to see if it fixes
> the problem.

Chris:

Thanks for the reply.  The version of openssl we upgraded to is 0.9.8e,
and there is definitely a bug associated with it as well:
http://archlinux.org/news/313/

(I guess I might have checked there first - d'oh)

Apparently a patched version is already in testing at Arch.  I'm going
to wait a bit and see if that version becomes production-ready soon, but
if not, I will give the downgrade a shot.

Thanks much