[Box Backup] boxbackup bug with openssl

Paul MacKenzie boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 01:40:07 BST 2007

At 09:07 PM 20/08/2007, you wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 04:56:04PM -0400, Paul MacKenzie wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to create a one line command for restoring a text file
> >
> > /usr/local/bin/bbackupquery 'cd /usr/home  get -i 004329f5
> > /usr/home/somefile' quit
> >
> > It needs to be run as one line.
>
>I suspect you want:
>  /usr/local/bin/bbackupquery 'cd /usr/home' 'get -i 004329f5
> /usr/home/somefile' quit
>
>                                 -ben

Dear Ben,

Thanks for your reply. I tried that initially but it never exits from
boxbackup nor restores the file from what I can tell.

Here is what is shows when I use the quotes around the commands:

Box Backup Query Tool v0.10, (c) Ben Summers and contributors 2003-2006
Using configuration file /usr/local/etc/box/bbackupd.conf
Connecting to store...
Handshake with store...
Login to store...
Login complete.

Type "help" for a list of commands.

And then just gets stuck.

Any other ideas as I seem to have tried everything I can think of but
must be overlooking the obvious.

In case anyone is interested I wrote a perl script to restore every
historical copy of a specific file. It worked fine with the getobject
command but I need to use the get command for my file types.

Now if I could just get it to work :)

Cheers,

Paul