[Box Backup] BoxBackup (chris/merge) - Store Error

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 20:43:42 BST 2007

Hi Matt,

> Hope the hols in mexico were good and your feeling refreshed :-)

Yes, they were great, thanks! It's really hot and humid in Yucatan, and we
had a hurricane which spiced things up a bit :-)

> When I run the bbstoreaccounts check option I get ...
>
> root at pegasus:~# /usr/local/bin/bbstoreaccounts check 1
> Checking store account ID 0x000001...
> Phase 1, check objects...
> Phase 2, check directories...
> Phase 3, check root...
> WARNING: Root directory doesn't exist

That's very interesting. Since backups are working correctly, and
bbstoreaccounts' attempt to recreate it fails, I believe that the root
directory does actually exist, and is not found for some reason.
bbstoreaccounts appears to be checking some kind of block index to find
it. I don't claim to understand exactly what it's doing. Ben, do you have
any ideas?

If nobody else can help, and you're willing to try a new version of Box
Backup, I can add some debugging code to bbstoreaccounts to help track
this down.