[Box Backup] Box Backup on Rails

Stefan Norlin boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Feb 26 18:49:30 GMT 2007

------=_NextPart_000_01C1_01C759DF.3B2AD3B0

>  1) Do you have any type of templating going on?  Is it easy to
> translate or change the look and feel so that it melds into an
> existing design?  We have a school portal that I would love to tie it
> into.

1) In Rails you work with "layouts" and it looks like the one attached.
So... modifying the standard layout and the style sheet would be quite easy.
The "yield" statement gets replaced by the content. Potentially you could
also use a very "naked" layout and put it in a frame or iframe as well.

>  2) Can you hook it up to LDAP for authentication?  We use OpenLDAP
> (via. Apple OS X) for our user base and I would like to leverage the
> security of the system instead of creating yet another security
> system.

2) You mean using LDAP for the authentication? Well, it would
not be a huge patch to allow for that. But you would still need to admin
users in the webapp as well, since you need to link them to accounts?

Stefan

------=_NextPart_000_01C1_01C759DF.3B2AD3B0

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" =
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">=0A=
    <head>=0A=
        <title><%=3D mytitle %></title>=0A=
        <%=3D stylesheet_link_tag 'style' %>=0A=
        <%=3D javascript_include_tag 'moo' %>=0A=
    </head>=0A=
  <%=3D link_to image_tag("head_eng.gif", :border =3D> 0), :controller =
=3D> "user", :action =3D> "index" %>=0A=
<%=3D render :partial =3D> "shared/menu" %>=0A=
<% if flash[:notice] %>=0A=
<%=3D flash[:notice] %>=0A=
<% end %>=0A=
<%=3D error_messages_for 'user' %>=0A=
<%=3D error_messages_for 'account' %>=0A=
<%=3D error_messages_for 'server' %>=0A=
<%=3D yield %>=0A=
=0A=

------=_NextPart_000_01C1_01C759DF.3B2AD3B0--