[Box Backup] Server drive failed

Diego Ongaro boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sun Jan 7 07:44:30 GMT 2007

To clarify, we did lose the data on the server that was our boxbackup server running bbstored. These backups are almost purely in case the boxbackup client (bbackupd) server goes down, so I'm not very concerned with old and deleted files. The drive was not on a hardware or software RAID, nor were we using boxbackup's software raid. We have already installed a new drive but have stopped the bbstored service.

Per said we need to "redo all the backups", and the intent of my initial question was to ask how to do that. For example, is there a command I need to run on the clients to tell them they need to do a full re-sync?

Thanks again,
Diego Ongaro