[Box Backup] Redundant locations not removed?

Tobias Balle-Petersen boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 21:40:33 BST 2007

Hello Chris.

> All looks normal except that the redundant locations are simply not
> deleted. Can you tell me how long bbackupd has been running on this
> machine? I guess you had to restart it to enable ExtendedLogging, so we
> might have to wait a couple of days until those redundant locations
> ought to be deleted.

Yes, I'll let it run and get back to you.

> How long had it been running before you restarted it, if you know? (how
> long back to the last startup banner in your syslog)?

It had been running since sunday... So about 2,5 days.

I ran a check on the account on the store:

Check store account ID 00000001
Phase 1, check objects...
Phase 2, check directories...
File ID be2 has different container ID, probably moved
File ID 1890 has different container ID, probably moved
File ID 8e16 has different container ID, probably moved
File ID 8e17 has different container ID, probably moved
File ID 2433f has different container ID, probably moved
File ID 24340 has different container ID, probably moved
File ID 25c54 has different container ID, probably moved
File ID 25c55 has different container ID, probably moved
File ID 25c56 has different container ID, probably moved
File ID 13baed has different container ID, probably moved
Phase 3, check root...
Phase 4, fix unattached objects...
Phase 5, fix unrecovered inconsistencies...
Phase 6, regenerate store info...
Store account checked, no errors found.

That looks normal right?

I only have 19GB free on the partiotion that holds the BB-files on the store. Could that be of any
importance? Any "unknown" overhead or something like that when deleting files?

Thanks,
Tobias