[Box Backup] Redundant locations not removed?

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Jul 18 23:00:58 BST 2007

Hi Tobias,

> On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Tobias Balle-Petersen wrote:
>
>> >  All looks normal except that the redundant locations are simply not
>> >  deleted. Can you tell me how long bbackupd has been running on this
>> >  machine? I guess you had to restart it to enable ExtendedLogging, so we
>> >  might have to wait a couple of days until those redundant locations
>> >  ought to be deleted.
>>
>>  Yes, I'll let it run and get back to you.
>
> Thanks. Sounds like the best way to debug this right now.

Actually, I have a better idea :-) I think I just fixed a bug that would
cause the deletion timer to be reset each run, so the unused locations
would never be deleted.

Could I ask you to update to the latest svn and build a new client on this
machine, install it and run it for a few days, checking that the "will
delete from store after" time keeps going down on each backup run?

Thanks again for your help, and for testing this version for us!