[Box Backup] Failed to setup location

E.W. Peter Jalajas boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 21:45:22 BST 2007

Thanks again, Chris.

>> OK, I've downloaded all three, 1569, 1516, and 1280.  (We tried 1662
>> last night to no avail; see the bug report.)

> Thanks. I hope one of them works for you!

My process for jumping between these versions is:
1.  Stop service.  net stop boxbackup
2.  Remove service.   bbackupd -r
2b. Check to make sure bbackupd process is not still running.
3.  Rename 3 bb*.exe files from current/old BB version to bb*_old.exe
4.  Copy in 3 bb.exe files from new BB version.  Not touching .conf, .dlls or others.
5.  Install service.   bbackupd -i <.conf file> (full path to .conf file, in quotes; necessity
depends on version).
6.  Start service.  net start boxbackup

> Are you running Box Backup as a service? And does the service user (e.g.
> LocalSystem) have write access there?

Yes, and yes.  We had the service running as DOMAIN\Admin, though.

> Does the location work if you run
> the backup from the command line as a normal user?

Good idea.  We'll try that and report back.

Thanks,
Pete