[Box Backup] Is BoxBackup suitable for single files?

Stefan Norlin boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Jun 11 08:46:01 BST 2007

> I would like the backup client to be able to submit individual files (via
> the
> command line) to the backup server. Ideally I would like to be able to
> override the destination directory if possible. I.e.
>
> /client/dirA/bigfile.dat --> /server/dirA/bigfile.dat
> /client/dirB/bigfile.dat --> /server/dirA/bigfile.dat
>        ^^^^                         ^^^^

Hi Nick,

I do not see Box Backup very suitable for this since the Box Backup
store is in a proprietary format with file named etc encrypted. So, there
is no 1-to-1 mapping between files on the client and server side.

> If BoxBackup is not suitable I would appreciate any recommendations.

To me it sounds like a "simple" script, based on rsync, be suitable for this
scenario?

http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/

Regards,
Stefan