[Box Backup] Carbonite

James O'Gorman boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 10:59:41 BST 2007

Hi all,

I just stumbled upon a backup system called Carbonite
(http://www.carbonite.com/). It looks very similar to Box, but it's
closed/commercial and completely centralised.

While it looks very good (being similar to Box), there's just a nagging
feeling in the back of my mind that makes me not want to trust them
purely because I have no control over it!

It would be nice if we could get Box running to the same level on
desktop PCs too! (Imo, the server is already pretty well covered. I
hardly ever have to look at the backup server except to run the
occasional compare and running a restore on a server machine after the
odd oops has always worked flawlessly).

James