[Box Backup] restore file >2GB

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 09:47:17 BST 2007

Hi Matthias,

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Matthias Rieber wrote:

>>> It seems that only one bbackupquery process can connect to the server.
>>> When I start another it stops at Connecting to store... and nothing
>>> happens. I start bbstored with the deamontools with the command
>>>
>>> exec /usr/local/bin/bbstored /etc/box/bbstored.conf SINGLEPROCESS
>>
>> That is normal if you use the SINGLEPROCESS option. In a single
>> process, we can only handle a single client.
>
> Has this option a new behaviour in your branch? With version 0.10 it was
> possible to connect with many clients and bbackupquery tools at the same
> time.

Yes, it is new. I took SINGLEPROCESS to mean exactly that, because it
helped for debugging. I did not realise that people were using it in
production as you are.

> I just need a --do-not-fork-to-background option for the daemontools.

OK, does anyone have a preference on whether I restore SINGLEPROCESS to
its old meaning, and add a new option for _really_ only one process :-) or
add a new option which just doesn't fork into the background, and
otherwise behaves as normal?