[Box Backup] User reports.

Tom Albers boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 20:41:26 GMT 2007

--nextPart3977865.r64GVqTofH

--nextPart7213603.5y6z0fCWy3

Op di 13 mar 2007 21:34 schreef u:
> Hi Tom,
>
> > It would be nice to know which files are update / moved / deleted. Maybe
> > even present that to a user in some layout later on.
> >
> > The extended logging is a enormous amount of data, I already removed
> > some bits, but it's clear it needs some additional love ;-)
> >
> > Is there any work on this?
>
> My chris/merge branch has LogAllFileAccess option which logs all local
> accesses. But it seems that what you want is really extended (protocol)
> logging, which shows all changes made to the data on the server. You
> should be able to process these logs to get whatever level of detail you
> want.
>
> If extended logging doesn't work for you, please could you give an
> example?
>
> Cheers, Chris.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the answer. Extended logging indeed provides the info needed. What I would like to know if there is any script which presents that in a way to the user.  Create a html page or something. Customers like some kind of confirmation the backup is running ok, while not having any knowledge of Linux, as we maintain there server.

BTW. We just started working with Box Backup and it really seems a stable and reliable product. Thanks to all involved!

Toma
http://www.mailody.net

--nextPart7213603.5y6z0fCWy3

Op di 13 mar 2007 21:34 schreef u:<br />
Hi Chris, <br />
Thanks for the answer. Extended logging indeed provides the info needed. What I would like to know if there is any script which presents that in a way to the user.  Create a html page or something. Customers like some kind of confirmation the backup is running ok, while not having any knowledge of Linux, as we maintain there server.<br />
BTW. We just started working with Box Backup and it really seems a stable and reliable product. Thanks to all involved!<br />
Toma<br />