[Box Backup] Exception: Cipher EVPFinalFailure (5/6)

Paul MacKenzie boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 14:11:04 GMT 2007

Dear Ben,

Thanks for your reply.

It is a Freebsd machine with the 4.X stable tree. I built the port
from the port tree and up until lately it has been working fine.

It is remotely possible for one second a server I was creating to
replace this one having problems accessed the backup server with the
other server's key on it. It would only have been for an instant but
I figure this may be the reason for the problem (as I have no other
possible explanation). I just need to figure out how to fix it as I
need to restore some files :)

Thanks again for your help,

Paul

Here is the result:

TEST: test/crypto
Running test crypto in release mode...
Blowfish...
AES...
Misc...
PASSED
--------
crypto: PASSED

TEST: test/crypto
Running test crypto in debug mode...
Blowfish...
Exception thrown: CipherException(AlreadyInitialised) at CipherContext.cpp(116)
Exception thrown: CipherException(BeginNotCalled) at CipherContext.cpp(241)
Exception thrown: CipherException(BeginNotCalled) at CipherContext.cpp(294)
Exception thrown: CipherException(OutputBufferTooSmall) at
CipherContext.cpp(259)
Exception thrown: CipherException(OutputBufferTooSmall) at
CipherContext.cpp(306)
Exception thrown: CipherException(EVPFinalFailure) at CipherContext.cpp(314)
Exception thrown: CipherException(OutputBufferTooSmall) at
CipherContext.cpp(477)