[Box Backup] Box Backup on Rails - Part 2

Fry, Joseph boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 15:10:19 GMT 2007

=20
> As soon as you make it a local install you might as well use=20
> a real client - eg. boxi.

As I stated in my other email in response to Ben (a few minutes ago)... =
There is a reason to have a web client... I would love to have such a =
client that is hosted on my local file server to restore files that are =
BB'd to a remote location.

Also, my server is a raw debian box with no X, and I hope to keep it =
that way.  A web interface, like webmin, to manage boxbackup would be =
great!  In fact, I would love to see it integrate with webmin.

A real client is great if you backing up your local machine.  But us =
network admins often NEVER access their machines locally, so web based =
management tools are a blessing.  Saves us memorizing commandlines for =
things we don't do very often, like restoring files.

Joe

--=20
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3/20/2007 8:07 AM