[Box Backup] RaidFileDoesntExist (2/11) Error -- can't find info.rfw

Peter Porter boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 14:57:37 GMT 2007

Ben Summers wrote:

> On 21 Mar 2007, at 03:49, Peter Porter wrote:
>
>> I've come across an odd issue with one of my Box Backup clients
>> (v0.10, server and clients) -- "exception RaidFile
>> RaidFileDoesn'tExist (2/11)".  The error arose several months ago,
>> and continues to happen on any attempted connection for that
>> particular client, both remote connections -- from bbackupd or
>> bbackupquery, during bbstored housekeeping, or locally on the backup
>> server when running "bbstoreaccounts info".
>>
>> I saw no further details when enabling ExtendedLogging or a debug
>> build, but I added a few extra debugging statements and figured out
>> that it can't find "info.rfw" in that account's folder.  I see an
>> info.rfw file in other accounts' folders, but not in
>> /backups/backup/000000c2/.  Any ideas what could have caused this, or
>> how to recreate this file?  I'm hoping there's a way to recover from
>> this situation rather than blowing away the store and having the
>> client repopulate an empty store.  I'd like to know what sort of
>> situation could cause this, but evidence for that may be long gone...
>

> bbstoreaccounts check c2 fix
>
> Ben

Well, I feel a bit stupid now.  That was directly on the documentation
site.  It found and repaired one error and resolved my issue.  Thanks
for the help Ben, I apologize for wasting your time.

I assume this has been discussed before, but is there a plan to add
command-line help (e.g. an -h or -? argument that explains what commands
are possible) to the various Box Backup applications?  Or man pages for
the apps and config files?

-Peter