[Box Backup] Parse Logfiles

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sat Mar 24 16:45:13 GMT 2007

Hi Torsten,

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007, Torsten Boob wrote:

> thank you for your help.
>
> I tested the version from the svn. Its funny. With that version i do
> not get an error on the client, but an error on the server:
>
> ... in server child, exception Connection TLSReadFailed (Probably a
> network issue between client and server.) (7/34) -- terminating child
>
> After that, the client dies.

Sorry about that. Probably the error on the server was caused by the
client dying. How did it die? Can you give me the last few lines of output
or syslog messages from bbackupd?

> Thank you for the patch for bb 0.10. But i think thats no solution for
> me. The patch has nearly 30000 lines of changes and i think 0.10 with
> such a patch can not be considered as stable anymore.

I understand. You can also get a patch for this specific change from
Subversion/Trac. View online here:

 	http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/trac/changeset/1428

and download a patch here:

 	http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/trac/changeset/1428?format=diff&new=1428

If you can apply it to BB 0.10, please feel free to test and let me know
if you have any problems.

> When will next version of bb with all that beautiful changes be
> available ? :)

Sorry, I have no idea, nobody has much time to review my changes any more,
which is needed before they can be merged.

In the mean time I'm encouraging people to try my merge tree and let me
know how it goes. The more people test it, the easier it will be to
persuade the other developers that my changes don't break anything and
should be accepted.

Testing will also help me to improve the quality by finding and fixing
bugs like this one. I'm very interested to get feedback and to fix any
bugs that are found in my trees.