[Box Backup] Boxi How does boxi work with boxbackup service?

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Mar 28 22:13:10 BST 2007

Hi Pete,

> I've been playing with Boxi 0.1.1. on WinXP and I have a quick question.
> How does it work with the boxbackup service (installing, removing,
> starting, stopping)?  When the user clicks the Backup button, is that
> running bbackupctl sync (or force-sync)?

At the moment, the new version of Boxi does interact with the background
service at all, apart from allowing you to generate and edit configuration
files for it. There is no way in the user interface to start, stop or
restart the service, or to tell it to sync or reload. I'm planning to add
this once the interactive functionality (backup, restore, compare) is
complete, but I'm still trying to figure out how to make it easy to use.