[Box Backup] Help installing client on Mac OS X

James O'Gorman boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sat Nov 10 00:38:41 GMT 2007

As much as I hate to dig up old threads...

On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 02:14:37PM +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
>  One measure that should increase our project security would be to enable SSL
>  on our Trac and Subversion server, to reduce the risk of password theft.
>
>  James, would that be hard for you to do? I did it the other day for our
>  company Subversion server and it "just worked" with the standard Apache SSL
>  configuration.

Following on from my post about SSL being enabled now, I feel I should
enforce the point that both Subversion and Trac are accessible by SSL
now.

If one accesses http://www.boxbackup.org/trac/login it automatically
redirects you to the SSL site and keeps you there. (If you don't login
you don't move to the SSL site, but it's still accessible.)

Subversion might moan about the SSL cert not being trusted but please
don't be alarmed by this! This is more than likely because you have no
CAs installed with your OpenSSL distribution. You can either install a
set of CAs from your distribution's packages or download a set of CAs
- for example the FreeBSD security team provide:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/security/ca-roots/files/ca-root.crt

Let me know if you have any questions.

James