[Box Backup] Help installing client on Mac OS X

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sat Oct 6 14:14:37 BST 2007

Hi all,

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Peter Jalajas, TebucoSafe Backups wrote:

> A question comes up with these pre-built Mac and Windows packages.
> That is, since we end-users are not building the client parcels
> ourselves, and relying on the generosity and trust of others (Chris,
> Per, etc) to build them for us, we thus create a bit of a security gap
> over which we must take a leap of faith and trust.  Does anyone have any
> suggestions for a reasonable way to manage that security risk, to shrink
> that security gap?  A client may ask someday.

One measure that should increase our project security would be to enable
SSL on our Trac and Subversion server, to reduce the risk of password
theft.

James, would that be hard for you to do? I did it the other day for our
company Subversion server and it "just worked" with the standard Apache
SSL configuration.

Perhaps we could even group together to pay for a real SSL certificate
(blech!) or get an OpenCA certificate?