[Box Backup] Help installing client on Mac OS X

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sun Oct 7 11:01:47 BST 2007

Hi James,

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007, James O'Gorman wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 02:14:37PM +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
>>  One measure that should increase our project security would be to enable SSL
>>  on our Trac and Subversion server, to reduce the risk of password theft.
>>
>>  James, would that be hard for you to do? I did it the other day for our
>>  company Subversion server and it "just worked" with the standard Apache SSL
>>  configuration.
>
> I do have SSL enabled, although I need a new certificate as it was
> self-signed (I only use it for admin stuff) and has expired.

Doesn't seem to be working for me:

https://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/

The connection was interrupted

The connection to bbdev.fluffy.co.uk was interrupted while the page was

> The other issue is that SSL doesn't support vhosts (which bbdev is) so I
> would have to ask for an additional IP from my colo provider (shouldn't
> be a problem).

Good point, if we want a real cert (for a self-signed one it hardly
matters if it's for a different vhost).

>>  Perhaps we could even group together to pay for a real SSL certificate
>>  (blech!) or get an OpenCA certificate?
>
> I've pondered cacert before but never really looked into it.

I've never used it either, but it didn't look hard.