[Box Backup] noatime for this?

Peter Jalajas, TebucoSafe Backups boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 17:38:00 BST 2007

Hi all,

Instigated by news of Con Kolivas' departure from the Linux kernel team, I am exploring ways to
speed up my perceived desktop performance (currently on Ubuntu, but open to other suggestions),
and somehow noticed this recent article:
http://rudd-o.com/archives/2007/10/02/tales-from-responsivenessland-why-linux-feels-slow-and-how-to-fix-that/
which suggests adding ",noatime" to disk mount options, and which eventually led to this one:
http://lwn.net/Articles/244829/
which duly warns that some applications need noatime.

Does Box Backup client or server need noatime or any of the other options mentioned in that last
article?

(Any other desktop perceived-performance suggestions that don't negatively impact Box Backup would
be greatly appreciated.)

Thanks,
Pete