[Box Backup] RFC: Migration of domain and hosting

James O'Gorman boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sun Oct 21 19:06:54 BST 2007

Hi everyone,

We touched in this briefly recently, and I've had a short conversation
with Ben about it and we thought we'd throw this open to the community.

Currently the website, listserver and development server are all hosted
by different people at different places. While this isn't necessarily a
bad thing, they're under different domains which can make it tricky for
people to remember where the different things are :-)

Ben said that he has boxbackup.org available for use, which we could
move everything under. The key question is - how would we want to manage
this? I have no problem extending my hosting to cover everything,
although if anyone else wants to chip in obviously that's welcome too.

I've proposed that I could host it all under a FreeBSD Jail (similar to
a Solaris Zone, for those who are familiar) so that it could all be
easily be manageable, and I could give the key developers admin access
to this jail so that it's not just me or Ben being relied on.

So, comments, anyone?

James