[Box Backup] Directories in store file

Johann Glaser boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 15:03:39 BST 2007

Hi!

I've observed that bbstored is writing some files extremely often. This
particular file is associated with a directory which holds a lot of
files which are compared.

I've watched the file for a while. It makes a (similar) copy of the file
with the extension ".rfwX" which grows from 0 to the size of the
original ".rfw" file, then starts over again.

Probably this file is re-written for every file in the client directory.
Since we have SVN repositories with several thousand revisions (and
therefore entries in the db/revs/ directory), this file is written quite
often and seems to be a bottle-neck.

Is there potential for optimization that?

Thanks
  Hansi

--
Johann Glaser                          <glaser at ict.tuwien.ac.at>