[Box Backup] Backup File Order

Martin Ebourne boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 08:05:32 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 19:33 -0400, Ben Bennett wrote:
> Would it perhaps make sense to have a per-directory argument to say
> "run the candidate files through this program and have it return a
> sorted list"?  Then the complexity can be buried...

My preference would be to make sure files are backed up in the order
they were originally written. This would then 'just work' for any such
scenarios, and with no admin intervention at all.

This is a little hard to do by filesystem scanning, but would be easy
with inotify support and similar.

Cheers,

Martin.