[Box Backup] bbstored CouldNotFindUnusedIDDuringAllocation

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 20:52:07 BST 2007

Hi Andrew,

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Andrew Guenther wrote:

>> >  Thank you! Can we quote you on that?
>>  Hmmm, let me check with the PR department. :)

Any news from them? :-)

>>  Appears to be resolved. I should have thought about the check command. I
>>  should probably automate regular checks..... Thanks for your time Chris.

You're welcome :-)

> Ok, so my repair made a directory called "lost+found0" in the box account. I
> want to pull all of the data out of there so I have it. Trying to do a
> restore and getting the following:
>
> query >  ls
> 00000002 -d---- etc
> 00000003 -d---- var
> 0000440b -d---- home
> 00005b12 -d---- lost+found0[FILENAME NOT ENCRYPTED]
> 00005b13 -d---- opt
> 00005b14 -d---- root
> query >  restore lost+found0 boxlostfound
> *Exception: BackupStore AttributesNotLoaded (4/26)*
> clientpc:/usr/local/NOT-BACKED-UP#
>
> ...and then bbackupquery seems to just crash/kick me out. I'm trying to be
> good and searching before I ask, but I'm not seeing this error message
> showing up anywhere in the lists

It looks as though some of these files may be corrupted on the store. I've
made a lot of improvements to the error handling and recovery in my
chris/merge tree, and if you could try it I'd appreciate it. I expect
that it will be able to restore the file, but not the attributes, and not
crash. I have no idea if the file will be corrupted, but I expect so.

> FYI - The account does appear to upload data fine now. I'm also able to
> restore the etc directory out of that account now.

Great.